A 1930 craftsman chalet, lovingly restored to its original splendor on a triple lot in the heart of historic Sierra Madre Canyon, just up the street from Mary’s Market. Pass through the cozy porch into a spacious living room with high open-truss ceilings, stone fireplace and large dining alcove. Rich wood surfaces throughout and Douglas fir flooring. Newly renovated farmhouse kitchen with shaker-style cabinetry and built-in appliances. A wood-paneled hallway provides access to two bedrooms (one with an en suite half bath), to a convertible den, and to a full bath with antique and vintage-style cabinets and fixtures.
Both the house and garage are covered by slate roofs. There is a towering pine, a mature oak, and fruit trees. Extensive exterior stonework, lush lawns, built-in outdoor barbeque, concrete and stone patios, and a Swimex lap pool. Storage space in basement and attic. Generous paved driveway providing ample off-street parking, plus a 1-1/2-car garage that mirrors the silhouette of the house and could be converted to a detached guest cottage, studio or granny flat.
Approximately 250 square feet of secure space is available in the basement for laundry, storage, changing bathing attire, and exercise equipment. A shower and/or toilet could easily be added. There is also approximately 150 square feet of illuminated storage in the attic, accessible through a drop-down stair in the convertible den.
Improvements and Amenities Include:
- Kitchen remodel, including built-in refrigerator, cooktop and oven
- Fully remodeled master bath and new half bath
- Restored and refinished original fir flooring
- New and updated A/C units
- New landscaping with computerized irrigation system
- Restored woodwork throughout
- Vermont-slate roof on house and garage
- Reinforced-concrete driveway/parking area for multiple cars
- Large attic with plywood flooring, electric lighting and ornamental windows
- Laundry chute connecting main floor with basement laundry area.
- Restored outdoor griddle and grill
- Office/Den that can be 3rd Bedroom
- 2 avocado trees, 1 fig tree, large native oak, stone pine
- Year built: 1930 (per assessor)