A magnificent stone pine towers over the entrance to this enchanting 1930’s Craftsman-style chalet with a rustic Laurel Canyon feel, but without the traffic. A loving renovation enhances its natural earthen textures, simple shapes and green views that offer up a sense of quiet beauty. Enter the double French doors into a living room/dining room with a cathedral ceiling, anchored by a floor-to-ceiling native-stone fireplace. The warm wood-paneled walls and original fir wood floors will envelop you with a sense of comfort and serenity.
The kitchen has been fully updated from top to bottom, maintaining a vintage feel while incorporating modern convenience and technology. Several outdoor spaces offer opportunities for entertaining (barbeque), relaxation (bubbling fountain), exercise (swim spa) and hobbies (an electric train). All of this sits on a triple lot in the Sierra Madre Canyon, with provisions for multiple-car parking in addition to a 1½-car garage that mirrors the silhouette of the house—with the possibilty to convert into an ADU. If you are serious about perfection, this unique, handcrafted canyon retreat is calling your name.
Improvements and Amenities Include:
- Kitchen remodel, including built-in refrigerator, cooktop and oven
- Fully remodeled master bath and new half bath
- Restored and refinished original fir flooring
- New and updated A/C units
- New landscaping with computerized irrigation system
- Restored woodwork throughout
- Vermont-slate roof on house and garage
- Reinforced-concrete driveway/parking area for multiple cars
- Large attic with plywood flooring, electric lighting and ornamental windows
- Laundry chute connecting main floor with basement laundry area.
- Restored outdoor griddle and grill
- Office/Den that can be 3rd Bedroom
- 2 avocado trees, 1 fig tree, large native oak, stone pine
- Year built: 1930 (per assessor)